Continuous learning is the key to success because the only way to get what you want out of life is by stretching yourself with knowledge and experience. Like the cliche says, “The more you know, the more you grow.”
In today’s ever changing economy one must stay relevant. Unfortunately, the average person stops learning by the time they’re 25 years old. They cite being too busy and caught up with life to attempt to learn something new. This eventually catches up quickly to those unwilling to learn and many of them find themselves in stalled or stagnate careers or jobs they can’t stand.
The problem with most people today is that they don’t know what they don’t know. They’re in a state of what I like to call unconscious incompetence. They’re not even aware that they lack the knowledge they need to succeed.
But successful people get it. They understand that continuous learning is the key to success. In fact, most successful people will pay top dollars to educate themselves in areas they’re lacking in.
They will join organizations, associations and mastermind groups to help keep their skills fresh or learn something new. Many will hire coaches to hold them accountable and keep them on track. And that is the primary difference between those who succeed and those who do not.
Successful people are conscious. They’re very aware of their shortcomings. And they do not hesitate to invest in themselves. They will attend seminars and conferences that are aligned with their overall mission. These people are consciously incompetent. (They know what they didn’t know). But more importantly when they discover what it is that they’re lacking, they do whatever it takes fill those gaps.
Achieving success is not easy. As a matter of fact, it’s hard and it requires learning new things. For example, I am a self taught internet marketer and at one of my training sessions a participant noticed that I really knew what I was doing and he complimented me on it. Because of my thirst for knowledge and continuous learning that I was able to impress him and keep him engaged. It is also the number one reason why my business is successful today.
Why I believe in continuous learning is the key to success
Knowledge is power. But applied knowledge is super power. This is the reason why we all should never stop learning and never stop putting it into practice. Not only will I not stop learning, but I also will never stop applying the things that I have learned. I am excited about the future because I know that if I keep learning and improving that I will continue to grow. The fact that most people stop learning by the time they turn 25 is a tragedy that I refuse to have as a part of my legacy. I am committed to growing old with continuous learning being an integral part of my life plan. I also believe that most problems in life can be cured with additional knowledge and training. A good friend once told me that and my past experiences has proven it to be true time and time again.
What Could You Do to Continuously Learn and Grow?
- Join a Meetup Group. You can pick one that is either in your field or your area of interest.
- Attend Networking Events. The universe somehow has a way of connecting you with the right people just when you need them.
- Watch Webinars or Listen to Tele-seminars on topics that are related to industry.
- Attend Seminars and Conferences that will help you grow. It’s always a good idea to surround yourself with like-minded people.
- Join a Continuing Education Program at a local college or universities.
- Create or join a Mastermind group on social media platforms like Facebook. You could learn a lot from them.
- Listen to Podcasts. Some of the best content is available on Podcast at no cost to you.
- Read books or listen to them on Audible or AudioBooksNow.
- Get a Mentor or Hire a Coach.
- Get an advanced degree because documentation beats conversation any day.
And so much more!
What do you to continually learn and grow? Please share your thoughts and comments below. And if you like what you have read, please do not hesitate to subscribe to my blog by clicking on the subscription link below.
Check out this podcast episode – How to Never Give Up on Your Hopes and Dreams