The top 9 Ketogenic Diet Foods for Weight Loss exposed! I have recently started the Keto Diet program and have had a tremendous amount of success. You might want to say that I have become obsessed. The main premise of it is to get rid of all carbs, sugars, and starchy fruit and vegetables. When I first started following the protocol, I wondered what I would eat. However, I quickly discovered the following nine foods that have helped me to get into ketosis fast.
9 KЕTОGЕNIС DIET FООDЅ FОR WЕIGHT LОЅЅ
- Meats. All meats are good, but organic and grass-fed meats are the best. Because keto is a high fat and not a high protein diet, you don’t need excessive amounts of meat. And you have to be careful because excessive protein can convert to glucose. This will have an adverse effect on your program and you may wonder why you’re body keeps knocking you out of ketosis. (This often would happen to me). You also have to be careful with processed meats because they can contain hidden carbs.
- Fish. All fish is good, but fatty fish like salmon is best. Don’t have breaded fish because the bread contains carbs.
- Eggs. You can eat them however you want. You can have them boiled, fried in butter, scrambled or as a hearty omelet. Try to have organic eggs when possible.
- Coffee with MCT Oil. Coffee is great. I thought that when I started this program that I would have to sacrifice my morning cup of Joe. But because of the Rapid Fire Coffee Creamer. I am able to have my coffee the way I like it and I get my fats with the MCT Oil.
- Green Vegetables. Cucumbers, cauliflower, cabbage, kale, mustard greens, spinach, broccoli and zucchini. These are my favorite. I will eat cucumbers with salt, pepper and vinegar and I find it to be a great side dish. You can fry your veggies in butter or make your own dressings with vinegar, lemons and olive oil. Try to switch things up a bit and have fun.
- Butter. I miss having butter. Other diets limited my intake. One of the things I love the most about the keto plan is the fact that I can have butter.
- Nuts. These are create and should be had in moderation. Also a good idea is to count out the amount of nuts that you eat. Definitely use portion control because most nuts are very high in carbs. Find out more about the carbs in nuts by clicking here.
- Avocados. I love avocados. The best thing about them is the fact that they contain the good fats that the body needs. So eat the guacamole.
- Berries. A moderate amount of blueberries and strawberries are okay. But you have to be careful because fruit contain natural sugar and carbs.
More Ketogenic Foods for Weight Loss
Other Keto foods that are good for you include cheese, coconut oil and chicken. The funny thing about cheese is that you might find yourself snacking on cheese. But that’s a recipe for constipation, so be careful with that. Also, when you eat chicken go for the fatty part of the chicken like the legs or thighs.
On this program, you can also have unsweetened chocolate and cocoa powder, which means you can have your hot chocolate. Yum.
Keto: The Good and Bad
I am enjoying the Keto Diet plan mostly because I am hardly ever hungry. When you’re not starving, you feel comfortable and can get through the day with no problems. I also enjoy the fact that I can go out and socialize with friends and family and not feel totally restricted. You can find something on just about every menu that is a Keto safe food.
I am a busy person and I find that I often eat on the go. But when you follow a Keto regime, you must plan out your meals. This is good and bad. The bad part is that it can take up a lot of time planning out your meals. However, once you’ve mapped out your week it’s easier to stick to the plan.
Do you think you can follow a Keto plan? Leave your comments below. Would you like to read more on Keto? Click here to find out more.